Black Bean Beef with Noodles is a family favourite, so easy to prepare and packed with flavour. We used Snow Peas in our Black Bean Beef with Noodles recipe but you can also use Sugarsnap Peas. Choose a god cut of Beef as the cooking time is so short. This can be served all day long as a snack, lunch or as part of your main meal.
Ingredients for Black Bean Beef with Noodles
500 gm Beef, finely sliced
250 gm Instant Noodles
1 Red Bell Pepper, Capsicum, seeds removed and finely sliced
1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
100 gm Snow Peas, cut in half diagonally if large
1 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
4 Tbsp Black Bean Sauce
4 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 Tsp Szechuan Peppercorns, crushed
1 Cup Bean Sprouts
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 Tbsp Water
1. Prepare the instant noodles as directed, drain and set aside
2. Put the beef, ginger, garlic and sesame oil into a bowl and mix well.
3. Add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil to a wok and place over a high heat. When the oil is hot, add the beef mixture and stir fry until the beef is just cooked. Remove the beef from the wok and set aside
4. Put the remaining 1Tbsp vegetable oil into the wok and place over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the snow peas, spring onions (scallions), Bell Pepper and Szechuan Pepper and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the beef mixture, black bean sauce, hoisin sauce and water. Add the cooked instant noodles and mix well until the noodles are completely coated in the sauce.
6. Put into a serving dish and top with the bean sprouts. Serve immediately.