This Chinese stir fry uses Bok Choy, sometimes known as Chinese Chard or Chinese Mustard. Bok Choy is a member of the Brassica family but doesn’t form a head and is a very popular vegetable in S.E. Asia. This Bok Choy recipe can be used as a side dish but is equally delicious eaten on its own. Bok Choy is sometimes written as “Bok Choi”. I enjoy Bok Choy best when the stems are still slightly crunchy.
2. Heat a wok on high heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot add the grated ginger and fry until the aroma of the ginger is released.
3. Add the Bok Choy to the wok and stir to ensure all the leaves are coated with the ginger flavoured oil.
4. Add the soy sauce, black bean sauce and Hoisin sauce. Stir well. Cook for 1 minute over a high heat.
5. Add the chicken stock. Reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Remove the cover. Add the sesame oil and serve.2leep.com