Chinese Broccoli with Crispy Belly Pork is a very popular dish in Thailand where it is called ‘Kana Moo Grob” or ‘Pad Pak Kana Moo Grob’. Chinese Broccoli with Crispy Belly Pork is not a spicy dish but full of flavour and the Chinese Broccoli not only complements the fatty pork but adds attractive colour to the dish. The great delight of Kana Moo Grob is the crispy pork skin which adds both texture and flavour.
Other Recipes from Thailand
Ingredients for Chinese Broccoli with Crispy Belly Pork – Kana Moo Grob
200 gm Moo Grob, Crispy Pork Belly
500 gm Chinese Broccoli
1 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
3 Medium Red Chillies (Prik Chee Fah)
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Chicken Stock Cube
1 Tsp Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) or sugar if preferred
1 Tsp Freshly ground Black Pepper
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Wash the Chinese Broccoli and slice into 2″-3″ pieces
2. Slice the Moo Grob crispy Pork Belly (cut from the crispy side down so each piece has some crispy skin and then cut into bite size pieces)
3. Using a wok or frying pan, add the vegetable oil and place over a medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and fry until golden brown
5. Increase the heat to high. Add the Moo Grob, crumbled Stock Cube Chillies and Pepper. Stir well.
6. Add the Chinese Broccoli and stir well.
7. Add the Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce and Msg or sugar and toss well. This should be done quickly to ensure the Chinese Broccoli remains green and shiny.
8. Serve immediately.