Thailand has a rich supply of seafood and what could be more mouthwatering than this Garlic Shrimp Thai recipe that uses large succulent Shrimps with lots of garlic and a hint of Ginger. Our Garlic Shrimp Thai recipe makes an attractive dish for the dinner table and is always popular at cocktail parties. Simple to make, this dish can be prepared in advance with only the final cooking left to the last minute.
Other Recipes from Thailand
Ingredients for Garlic Shrimp Thai Recipe
10 Large Shrimps (or Prawns)
2 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
1/4 Cup Spring Onions (scallions), chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Coriander roots, finely chopped
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Freshly ground Black Pepper
1/2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2-3 Spring Onion (scallion) leaves for garnish
1. Wash the shrimps or Prawns and remove the shells leaving the tail in place.
2. Using a sharp knife, make a cut down the length of the shrimps being careful not to cut right through. Remove the black vein.
3. Using a wok, add the vegetable oil and place over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the Garlic, Coriander and black Pepper and fry until golden.
4. Add the Sugar and Fish Sauce and mix well
5. Add the Shrimps or Prawns, and continue frying until the shrimps are cooked, being careful not to overcook. Add the chopped Spring Onions (scallions) and Ginger. Mix well.
6. Remove the shrimps from the wok and place on a serving dish. Garnish with Spring Onion (scallion) leaves and serve.