This Green Chicken Curry is the perfect example why Thai food is so popular worldwide. Using only fresh spices and ingredients, Thai Green Chicken Curry is packed with flavour and has a marvellous green colour. This recipe is the now famous “Kaeng kiow wan gai” and for the visitors is possibly Thailand’s No. 1 curry. The coconut cream reduces the ‘heat’ of this curry and gives a rich creamy texture that the whole family will love. Green Chicken Curry will really impress your friends and has the added bonus that it’s so easy to make.
See our other Recipes from Thailand
400 gm Uncooked Chicken meat, cut into short thin strips
250 ml Coconut cream
250 ml Coconut milk
3 Tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
10 Thai Eggplant, Makhua Phro
100 gm Thai Eggplant, Makhua Puang
2 Kaffir Lime Leaves, roughly torn
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1/2 Cup Thai Sweet Basil leaves
2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1. Put the vegetable oil into a wok over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the Thai green curry paste and fry, stirring continuously, until its aroma is released.
2. Add the coconut cream and bring to the boil, stirring continuously
3. Add the chicken and stir well
4. Reduce the heat and add the fish sauce, both Thai eggplants, sugar, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves and simmer until the Eggplants are cooked.
5. Stir in the sweet Basil leaves and serve2leep.com